Quilt number 3 finally completed after several months marinating on the design wall. The smaller scale area is a photo of part of a patched, mended door with newer wood inserts among the old on Queen Charlottes Cottage in the grounds of Kew Gardens. The larger scale shapes and colours are based on some of the sections of the photo, a mixture of African batik, hand dyed and monoprints with acrylic paint. I used different weight threads ( 40 and 12) in these areas to further emphasise the change of scale.
I'm not having much luck with my measurements when cutting down for binding, This quilt is actually 40 x 79 cm as the quilting with 12wt thread drew up the fabric more than anticipated. Red Stapelia is 39 x 80 cm as I made exactly the same mistake as I did with grey fingerprint quilt despite writing down all the measurements!