It all started with my heaps of scraps:
And, of course, the sketch which seemed everything but feasible (a line tracing of a photo of water swirls I had seen somewhere):
I used techniques from the class with Jan + Jean, which I took last year, and in the end, strictly speaking, this is not a quilt.
|Scraps arranged on solufix, covered with Avalon film, stitched|
|under the machine|
|It waited on the wall for a few days, |
trying to figure out whether it needed
more stitching, or was done like this
|Check out whether the other orientation is preferrable -|
definitely not! But I could imagine a double version
including both orientations, perhaps in a different color range...
|dissolving the film and solufix in the sink|
|figuring out how to do the sleeve, involving the flimsy backing|
It is just a bit wider and a bit longer than our usual size - but I did not want to cut anything off at the edges, it needs to be raw as it is.