Tuesday 8 October 2013

Indian ladies (Red)

I have a really busy October and November with lots of teaching so I wanted to get my quilt finished. I have just been on a few days Quilting retreat which is a great way to get on with finishing a piece.
I had great plans to really push myself to continue with my ideas for a quilt based on my recent Horizon piece which was long and thin (and due to go to Prague in 2014), but I knew I would need to do lots more sampling.
So I decided to continue with my Indian ladies theme and do a much larger piece. I made a sample which was all painted, I liked it, so started on the bigger piece
This one is about 35cm square

 For the bigger one I added applique using recycled sari silk that I bought in India.I printed and stencilled the background and then screen printed on both edges using a thermofax. I made the shisha glass using sweet papers applied with bondaweb.


Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment