Thursday 11 December 2014

Repetition and Pattern - Uta

I finally got to a point where I can show you what I have been doing for Barbara's assignment, Repetition and Pattern. As I have started playing around with text, this is not a pieced quilt. (I even made a little sketch - but since this is not the assignment where I have to prove that I was sketching...)

After marking a grid on the piece of snow-dyed fabric I had chosen (a remnant from my sales with exactly the right width - can't let anything go to waste!) I auditioned different sizes of font before taping up the letters for increased stability:




A first stitching around the edges, to get past the stage where I still had to fiddle with the letters. In honor of the name of the group, of course - very thready it was!



This is the piece vefore washing out the stabilizing embroidery fleece:


Here you can see what it looked like after a good wash, and a detail.



It's quilted now, it only needs the binding. But I will save that until I finish Gillian's assignment, and then do both of them together.

text messages 6

No comments:

Post a Comment